2017 Scholarship Program
The Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber Scholarship Program
The Scholarship Program was established in 1986 to provide financial assistance and incentives for students interested in pursuing a course of college study.
· This year’s program will consist of at least three one-time $1,000 awards.
· To be eligible for a Chamber Scholarship, a student must be a high school senior graduating from a Fulton or Montgomery County high school in June 2017 or applicants who have previously graduated from a Fulton or Montgomery County high school.
· Applicants must also be attending or entering a 2-year or 4-year college or university as of September 2017.
· The recipients of the scholarships will be selected by the Chamber’s Scholarship Committee. The application, essay, references and a copy of your academic transcript must be RECEIVED by the Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2017 at the Chamber’s office at 2 N. Main Street, Gloversville, NY 12078. Application packets may also be received at the Chamber office at 1166 Riverfront Center in Amsterdam, NY 12010 by 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 30, 2017.
· The Chamber’s Scholarship Committee will make its decisions based on the applicant’s essay, academic achievement, community involvement, economic needs and information provided by the two references. The decision of the Committee is final.
· Recipients will receive the monetary award subject to providing verification of college enrollment. Checks will be made payable both to the student and college or university.
Questions? Please contact Terry Swierzowski at the Chamber at (518) 725-0641 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.